You’re a fast-working and eager to learn student that has had experience with Html, CSS, design, and has dabbled in WordPress. If you’re self-taught. If you like working in an environment that is determined by you and provides for self-organizing, then GOA Commerce is a place for you. We are looking for an intern who is familiar with WordPress best practices and can hand-code WordPress plugins meeting our clients’ requirements.
Candidate must have basic skills of the following:
- API Server integration
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Graphic and Responsive Design Skills – Adobe Creative, Illustrator and InDesign
- MySQL database programming (the WordPress default database)
- A Git repository like GitHub or GitLab
- Libraries like jQuery for additional interactivity
- A WordPress framework like Genesis
- Experience with Plugins
- Experience testing and debugging work on multiple browsers & screen sizes
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, owning deadlines and striving for efficiency
- Familiarity with agile sprints and giving updates on projects
- Using visual page builders like WPBakery, elementor, Divi, etc
- Responsive design experience
- API integrations
- Interest in both front-end and back-end work
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Joining a team of diverse, smart, creative, and hard-working professionals
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career through meetups, colleagues, and other places.
- Fast Learning environment
- Opportunities for part-time and full-time hire after internship
- Please apply via this job posting and include your CV, links to previous projects, and your potential start date.